Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lunch

There is something in my manner that makes people uneasy. For example at lunch today, the waitress came by the table to check if I needed anything. I looked up from my book and shook my head. She smiled and I smiled back, but before she turned away--and for only a split second, which however brief, seemed eternal--I detected in her countenance sheer and utter terror. It was as though she peered directly within my soul and was frightened of what she saw.

For dessert I had a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

4 comments:

Margaritaville said...

I think the vanilla ice cream ruined your dinner and that's why you ended up with beer and gourmet jelly beans.

Anonymous said...

Encounters such as these are why I've renounced all contact with the outside world...

Ted Shaw said...

Love the blog! Keep it up.

-T Pain

Mr Toots said...

Hi T-pain! I hope you're well! :)